Merrie Monarch – a celebration of hula an Hawaiian arts – begins on Sunday, April 1st and lasts through Saturday, April 7th! Whether you’re visiting from afar or enjoying the festivities in your own neighborhood, we have a vast array of local products for your canine and feline friends!
We are proud of the local items we carry that are made right here on Hawaii island. For something unique from this special island, for your perfect pooch or kitty you can find….
● Puka’s Paradise collars & leashes – beautiful and vibrant aloha print collars & leashes from $10-$29.
● Mutt Munchie Cookies – a peanut butter based cookie. Available are 4oz bags for $4 and an 8oz bag for $8.
● Mothers Sunshine Paw Potion – an organic, simple ingredients paw salve made with coconut oil, Hawaiian beeswax, sunflower oil, shea butter, and calendula oil for $12
● Hopper’s Art, “Mahalo for pet sitting” greeting card for $3.50
● Filthy Farm Girl Soap, a very popular local soap is available for dogs too! Not only is their a great Filthy Farm Dog soap, there is Delicate Dawg soap, made for dogs with sensitive skin. All Filthy Farmgirl soaps are $6.99
● Poi Puppy, a local company that specialized in aloha wear for dogs. Aloha shirts for dogs & cats are $24-$28 and aloha print bandanas are available from $6-$9.
We also sell Aloha Pawz shirts in ladies and unisex fit, sizes small-XXL. When you purchase one of these for $15-$16, a portion of the proceeds go towards one of these lovely animal rescue organizations: Aloha ‘Ilio, Rainbow Friends Animal Sanctuary, and Hawaii Island Humane Society. What a great way to be stylish and donate to the animals we love!?
Mahalo nui loa for choosing Aloha Pawz as your Hilo pet needs store! We look forward to meeting many new guests throughout the week of the celebration!